Without volunteers Home-Start could not support local families in Hampshire, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight who need help. Most of our volunteers visit families in their own homes, but we also need volunteers who are interested in becoming trustees, ambassadors and fundraisers.
If you have some spare time and would like to be involved in a local charity that believes children should have a good start in life, then maybe Home-Start is the right charity for you – we support families with young children in your community.
If you have the skills, interests or experience we are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you if you tick any of questions below and are interested in joining Home-Start:
- do you have a passion for children’s welfare and supporting parents/carers to give their children the best start in life?
- do you have a business background, e.g. leadership, marketing, strategic planning, finance, change management?
- do you have experience of fundraising, e.g. events, bid writing, donor fundraising/individual giving?
- do you have a social care background, e.g. health or social services?
- do you have parenting experience, e.g. being a parent, foster carer, 24 hour care of children?
- have you been a trustee of a charity or a school governor?
- do you have experience of child development?
- do you have experience of delivering financial inclusion programmes, e.g. helping parents/carers to manage money, budget, use financial services, etc.?
- have you worked in mental health services?
If you answer yes to any of the above, we would like to hear from you.