Home-Start Hampshire is a board of trustees comprising trustees from six local Home-Start’s wishing to develop a merged organisation from Spring next year. The local Home-Start’s are:
- Gosport & Fareham – covering Gosport and Fareham Borough Council areas
- Havant – covering the Havant Borough area
- Meon Valley – covering the Southern Parishes of Winchester
- New Forest – covering New Forest District Council area
- Rushmoor & Hart – covering Rushmoor Borough and Hart District Council areas
- Weywater, covering part of the East Hampshire District Council area, i.e. Alton, Bordon & Liphook.
Historically operating as a consortium to promote and educate about the work of Home-Start, Home-Start Hampshire, a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, plans to deliver services across the areas above and seek to expand into other areas not currently covered by Home-Start’s.
Home-Start in Hampshire is part of the Home-Start network, the UK’s leading family support charity.
Why Home-Start matters
The five years between birth and school are vital for a child’s development. What goes on inside a family during these years strongly determines the opportunities and life chances children have. Children who are raised in a stable, loving, family environment are more likely to have a positive and healthy future. But being a parent isn’t easy and sometimes life can get in the way. Circumstances throw you off course and everything else can take a back seat. A young child caught up in this can miss out on the love, routine and stimulation that are so vital for their future. Home-Start works because our volunteers are parents. They understand how hard it can be. They work alongside parents, in their own homes, to help them cope with the stresses and strains of life and make sure they have the skills, time and strength they need to nurture their children.
Next: Get Support