25 hours per week
Salary: £27,358 -£29,909 Pro Rata
Home-Start is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with young children.
Volunteers provide regular support and practical help to families under stress, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Family Co-ordinator to lead the development of our services within the Gosport and Fareham areas of Hampshire.
The role will involve recruiting, training and supporting volunteers, developing and enhancing the direct support offered to families and leading a small team.
The ideal Candidate will have:
* Parenting experience and an understanding of the needs of children and families.
* Experience of working directly with vulnerable families.
* Good knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
* Experience of managing and supervising a small team
* Experience of delivering training together with a knowledge of IT and a willingness to access training
* The ability to work on their own initiative in a challenging environment
* A relevant qualification.
Additional requirements include knowledge of the voluntary sector, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a valid driving licence.
As we support families across Gosport and Fareham, the use of own car is essential and expenses will be paid.
A DBS check (enhanced level) will be required
Closing date: 12th October 2018
Interview date: 18th October 2018
For an application pack contact:
T: 02392 170180
For an informal discussion, Louise Wheeldon, Operations Manager
T: 07923 036610
Home-Start Hampshire is committed to equality and diversity and to safer recruitment practice as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.